Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My new parfume

I had found the perfect scent today, even though I wallowed in it for just a short bit --- until Mommy forced Daddy to give me a bath.

The Little Crying Thing, Daddy and I went on the trail, through the woods. This was the first time that the Little Crying Thing came along. Usually it's just Daddy and me. It's our special time together.

I was running around and darting back and forth like I usually do when a delicious scent caught my nose. I went to explore. It was a carcass of some sort. It smelled so good I just had to roll in it. Finally, my cover would be complete. The wild bassets of yore would be quite proud of me and my find, I thought.

But then Daddy caught up with me and forced me off the carcass, like he usually does when I roll in something that I'm not supposed to be in (according to his rules).

When we got home, he left me on the porch the whole afternoon -- to air out. He said I was too dirty to come in.

Then Mommy came home. She would barely hug me. She said I was stinking and was afraid that I was carrying some germs. Germs, shmrms. But she still forced Daddy to give me a bath (he was going to pet me down with wet naps, which would've been preferable to me).

She tricked me with a cookie to the bathroom.

After it was all done, I was sent back out on the porch to dry off. (But before that I still managed to rub myself against the leather couch to dry off)

Now Mommy says I'm all silky clean, but that I still stink.

But I can't smell it any more. It was the best scent ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home