Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wood Trails, Opossum Carcasses and other Gross Things

This weekend, Daddy took me on the trail twice--both Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday, we all went--Mommy, Daddy, and the Litte Whiney Thing (which from now on I'll refer to as the Toddler). It was a beautiful day. Just perfect for Posa to run around and dart back and fort. We passed many dogs. Some were worth sniffing; others were not. Then we passed by this dirty dog (so his owner said), who to me smelled wonderfully. He had rolled in something smelly-delectable. But the woman warned Mommy and Daddy so even though I made a beeline for the animal carcass, Daddy caught up with me just in time.

Shucks!

But on Sunday, Daddy, the Toddler and I went down the trail on the other side of the road. Mommy had something better to do than to hang out with us. While Daddy and the Toddler were busy throwing rocks and sticks in the creek, I snuck off and found an opossum carcass. I got inside of it. But then Daddy found me out.

I hid my scent so well, I was very pleased with myself. Unfortunately, as soon as we got home, I was scuttled to the bathroom for a bath. I unded up smelling like peppermint, which was not at all what I intended. But Mommy thought I smelled good and that my fur is nice, shiny and soft.

Today, I spent the whole day home alone recovering from the weekend-worth of trail hopping. It was just as good. It was soo ugly and rainy outside. I liked a day to myself to sleep off my fatigue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home