Sunday, April 09, 2006

Play, play, play the day away

I love to play. It's my favorite thing to do, other than sleep, of course. I want to play all day, all the time.

And if I can't go out to run in the woods (like I went today and it was soo much fun, but didn't go yesterday because it was raining and I ended up being whiny all morning, mommy said), or see my friends, I love to play indoors. My favorite games are:

-steal Mommy's slippers (or sneakers will do)
-go to Mommy's closet, rummage through her underwear and socks and pick something to chew on
-try to take Daddy's socks of his feet
-get Mommy's gloves
-or steal anything else I'm not supposed to have

Like that quarter I was trying to chew the other day. Apparently I started acting funny, you know looking at everyone making sure they weren't paying attention to me so I could focus on my quarter. Somehow that got their attention and Mommy and Daddy launched a full-on offensive to get the quarter out of my mouth. I was bribed with toys, my food, my bones, and, my favorite, cheese.

Cheese -- it's not a bad trade....

Or if I don't get food, sometimes I do chew on Mommy' stuff just because I can. But other times, it's my attempt to get them to chase me around the kitchen. I run and they chase me....so I run the other way and they chase me. It's a thrill and a lot of fun.

Daddy used to play hide and seek with me when I was a baby, but he hasn't done that lately. I don't know why. I wish I could ask him. He would run away and hide someplace. I would run after them, and then he would pop out to scare me.....and I would wag my tail. So much fun.

I also like to nudge them with my Santa News or my "mexican" or a tennis ball so they throw it in the living room and I chase it. Then I bring it back. They grab it but I don't let go but pull on it really hard. Of course, eventually, I do let go so they think they are stronger and so that they can throw it again for me to catch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home