Monday, August 05, 2024

Running with mama

Every week my mom takes me to this trail where people run. Old people, young people, girls, boys, parents with strollers Sometimes, if it’s not too hot, she makes me run with her. Other times, I hang out with my brother who stands around and does something called volunteering. I don’t know what volunteering is but it involves standing around and wearing a yellow vest and doing something when people cross this made up finish line. Other times, my dadda comes along and he walks me on the road. Now I don't understand why these people run because nothing is chasing them. They aren’t chasing anything, at least nothing I can see. Sometimes there are dogs running with them. And I've asked those dogs what are they running to or from, but they don't know either. They just run along because their humans run. These humans don’t even stop to sniff along the way. They just run. I went running with mama a few times. That was fun. It was fun to feel my ears flap in the wind. It was even more fun to abruptly stop, to sniff the ground and savor and follow the smells. But since mama doesn’t stop to sniff and can’t smell adventure and excitement lurking in those sniffs, she wouldn’t let me follow my nose. In fact, she didn’t even like when abruptly stop since it makes her jerk back. If only I could take her on my own sniffing adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home