Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Howling at the moon

I really don't understand what's wrong with howling at the moon and all things that go bump in the night outdoors in the shrubs at 4 a.m.

The moon was full and I had to go out to howl. The first night Daddy let me out because he thought I had to go and pee. But I didn't. I just wanted to howl.

The second night, he wouldn't let me go out so I stood in the dining room howling at the window. Then he brought a treat to lure me back into the bedroom and shut the door. But since the door doesn't lock and I can open it with my paw, I went back downstairs as soon as I finished my snack.

But then Mommy came after me, put me on the leash and dragged me back upstairs. I resisted and resisted and didn't want to go up the stairs, but she prevailed.

Back in the bedroom, she put that child's gate up, so I couldn't leave the room.

I fidgeted and fidgeted, tried to jump at the window but with no success. There was nothing left to do but growl and curl myself up in the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home